The Portuguese Constitution in the Third Wave of Democratization
About the project: The project intends to reflect on the legacy of the Portuguese Constitution and, in a comparative perspective, examine its achievements in comparison to those of other contemporary and consolidated democracies.
- Book 40th Anniversary of the Portuguese Constitution. Scientific Organization: Marina Costa Lobo. Lisbon: Editions of the Assembly of the Republic, in press;
Citizen Consultation – Balance of the First Year of the XXI Government
About the project: The objective was to collect the opinions of Portuguese citizens on the occasion of the first mandate of the XXI government, in order to put questions to Prime Minister and government about the first year of governance.
- Report Citizen Consultation – Balance of the First Year of the XXI Government (Marina Costa Lobo, Edalina Sanches, José Pereira, Luis Mah, Daniel Carolo).
Access the document
A portrait of Portuguese Youth
About the project: The study aims to collect the opinions of Portuguese youth on major subjects: cultural and leisure practices, employment and employability, mobility and politics.
Project members: Marina Costa Lobo, Vítor Sérgio Ferreira e Jussara Rowland.
- Book The Millennium Generation – Situations and Attitudes of the Portuguese Youth. Authors: Vítor Sérgio Ferreira, Marina Costa Lobo, Jussara Rowland and Edalina Rodrigues Sanches. Lisbon: Social Sciences Press, in press;
- Report Employment, Mobility, Politics and Leisure: Situations and Attitudes of Portuguese Youth in a Comparative Perspective (Marina Costa Lobo, Vítor Sérgio Ferreira and Jussara Rowland);
- Database: Employment, Mobility, Politics and Leisure: Situations and Attitudes of Portuguese Youth in a Comparative Perspective.
The perceptions of the Portuguese people on Salazarism and the transition to Democracy in the 40 years of democratization
About the project: The study aims to understand how the past influences attitudes and political behavior in present-day Portugal.
Project members: Marina Costa Lobo, Antônio Costa Pinto.
- Policy Brief The Quality of Democracy in Portugal (Marina Cost Lobo, Ekaterina Gorbunova e Edalina Rodrigues Sanches);
- Press Release The Presence of the Past: Authoritarianism the Transition to Democracy in Contemporary Portugal (Marina Costa Lobo e Antônio Costa Pinto);
- Report The attitudes of the Portuguese people regarding the 40 years of April 25th (Marina Costa Lobo);
- Portuguese Democratisation 40 Years on: Its Meaning and Enduring Legacies, Marina Costa Lobo, Antônio Costa Pinto and Pedro C. Magalhães (Special Issue South European Society and Politics, 21 (2));
- Database: The perceptions of the Portuguese people on Salazarism and the transition to Democracy in the 40 years of democratization.
The Quality of Democracy in Portugal: The Citizens’ Point of View
About the project: The project aims to analyze, rigorously and with a set of theoretically articulated concepts, what do the Portuguese people want from democracy and how do they evaluate their democratic regime.
Membros do projeto: Antônio Costa Pinto, Pedro C. Magalhães, Luís de Sousa, Ekaterina Gorbunova.
- Book The Quality of Democracy in Portugal: The Citizens’ Point of View. Organizers: Antônio Costa Pinto, Luís de Sousa and Pedro C. Magalhães. Lisbon: Social Sciences Press, 2013;
- Report The Quality of Democracy in Portugal: The Perspective of Citizens (Antônio Costa Pinto, Pedro Magalhães, Luís de Sousa and Ekaterina Gorbunova);
- Publication The Satisfaction with Democracy (Ekaterina Gorbunova, Edalina Sanches and Marina Costa Lobo). In: Portugal Social in Change, Portugal in the European Context in Years of Crisis. Coordination: João Ferrão and Ana Delicado. Lisbon: Institute of Social Sciences, 2015.